யதீந்தராள் சுப்ரமணிய சாஸ்த்ரிகள்

யதீந்தராள் சுப்ரமணிய  சாஸ்த்ரிகள்
யதீந்தராள் சுப்ரமணிய சாஸ்த்ரிகள்

Saturday, December 26, 2009

The effort to document his life

Hello everyone. This journey in documenting Siddhamalli Periyaval "Yatheendraal Subramanya Sasthri" life as my dad remembers it gives me immense pleasure and also the fear of completing it correctly. Before I write more about the periyaval, I should make notes about my father. Shri Venkataraman Ramamoorthy - my dad is a very pious person with special skills in "upanyasam". Born a glib, he always has the impeccable anecdote for every situation and this trait is also visible in his siblings particularly in his brother (my uncle) - Shri Swaminathan and also my late aunt - Smt. Rukmani Balasubramanian. My aunt was a school teacher and her devotion to teaching and the caring for the kids was remarkable. My uncle is a very joyful person with a huge sense of humour.

As I remember, my father had this ambition to document his lineage when I was in my school days - probably in the 9th grade I think. He loved to write a lot by hand and probably his profession I think, enabled him to type on the "type writer" pretty fast. He still boasts of his skills in typing on his laptop. Well coming back to his desire for announcing to the world about this great "mahaan", my dad gets himself involved atleast once in 3 months to perform some pooja at the Yatheendral's Samadhi. I have personally been to the Samadhi atleast a couple of times.

I had a wonderful opportunity to spend time with him and my mom in Toronto early this year 2009 when I understood some of the greatness of the Yatheendral and the fervour in my dad to make me aware of the periyaval. I had been thinking to host a website for the periyavaal and even attempted to create a Google Site. But my motivation to complete that was not good enough. So here I am blogging away to capture some of the details as I understand from my dad. I pray to God and the periyavaal for their blessings in getting this work to a sensible part of completion.

All the incidents reported in the blog are as they have been passed on to me by my dad. I have not done any research to validate them. All credits to collate the information goes to my dad :)
Having stated the disclaimer, here I blog. Read on .....

18 comments:

  1. Hello,

    Happy to see Siddhamalli Periyavalin Biography.

    Really, I proud to hear about him.

    Please, visit : www.freewebs.com/sithamalli.
    (Now updated)

    Suthanthira Selvan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent efforts taken by you Shri "Jyothisharatna" Raman. Very impressive Blog on our Shri Yatheendraal Swamigal. You may also add my 2nd Website link to this Blog of yours which is - http://srikulasekharaswamy.blogspot.com
    I am sure this will add lots more significance to our Siddhamalli Village and to the Swamigal's Adhishtanam. Keep up the good work.

    Lalitha Ramachandran

    ReplyDelete
  3. dear badri, It is very interesting and informative. a good service to mankind and to a father by a worthy son SAMA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear and Respected Sir,This effort is really very impressive and educative. My prayers Are only for we people to strive in very many ways to inculcate the values for which our fore fathers lived and sacrificed among our family and friends and bramhin society at large.Ramaswamy.Murugalayam.Tiruvallur.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pl pay a visit to Siddhamalli and have Darsan get His Holy Blessings.

      Delete
  5. Where do Sri Yatheendral (Subramania sastri) Jeevasaamadhi situated? how to get there? share address and contact number

    ReplyDelete
  6. The samadhi is situated inSiddhamalli village The temple priest Cell Number 9751237428
    His house is near the Samadhi.Have Darsan !

    ReplyDelete
  7. The village Siddhamalli is situated about 20 Miles from Mannargudy Tiruvarur District on Mannargudy-Muthupettai Road.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have Darsan of the Athishtanam on Krishna shasti or Full Moon Day and get HIS HOLY Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  9. Performed Ani Thirumanjana abishegam on 2nd July 2011 by chanting Sri Rudram chamakam.Pancha diraviya abishegam archanas performed.
    Prasadams dirtributed to the huge devotees assembled there. The pooja was performed by Raman Pondy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sri Subramania Yatheendral lived as a Sage preaching Hindu Dharma and Philosophy. HE attained Jeevan Mukti APATHSANYASA YOGA ANUGRAHA by Sri MAHASWAMI of Kanchi in 1933. HE was the one among the teacher who taught Vedas Samhitas Upanishads etc (in His poorvasrama) to HH Sri Maha Periyavaa from 1911 to 1915 at Mahendramangalam near Trichy.
    Sri Yatheendral was the authority for Yajur Veda both krishna yajur and shukla yajur. Among other things He taught Upanishads especially THAITHREEYA UPANISHADS by starting Vedapadasala at Rajamannargudy in Tiruvarur District. In His purvasrama he lived as a big Land Lord in Siddhamalli village.
    Siddhamalli village is situated between Mannargudy and Muthupettai State Highway well maintained road Bus facilities from Kumbakonam Mannargudy Muthupet towns
    Darsan Samathi and get HIS Blessings
    (By Raman cell 9443309858 Pondy)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will make a trip to Siddhamalli on 23rd August 2011 with my son Badrinath coming from US to perform spl.abishegams. All are invited on that date.(Ramamoorthy Cell 9443309858)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Performed special abishegam and achana with 5 tender coconuts and other diraviyams. Distributed prasadams to devotees.Gifts offered to school children assembled there The abishegam started by 11.30 a.m. and concluded by 12.30 noon on 23rd August 2011.
    Pancha diraviyangal(five) milk,curd,honey panchamirtham and turmeric powder etc.,

    GET HOLY BLESSINGS OF SIDDHAMALLI PERIYAVAA !!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We went to Siddhamalli and performed special abhishegams with pancha diraviyams tender coconut Panneer milk etc. Spl pooja performed and distributed prasadams.
    Elaborate arrangements were made for the event.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Guru Aradana of Siddhamalli Periyavaal will be consecrated on 16th November 2011. On 15th Nov.special homams rudra parayanams will be performed in front of Samadhi Hall.
    A religious Discourse "Divya Charithramof HH Sri Abhirama Bhattar will be conducted by Sri Jyothisharatna Raman,Pondy at 6PM on 15th Nov.2011.
    IT IS PERTINENT TO POINT OUT Sri Yatheendral is the seventh Guru parambara of HH Sri Abhirama Bhattar !!!!! All are invited.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The 78th Gurupooja was performed on 16th November 2011 with spl abishegams and vedic chanting. On 15th November religious Discourse on Sri Abhirama Bhattar was conducted by Jyothisharatna Raman Pondicherry in the evening. Huge devotees attended the aradana festival and got the Holy Blessings of Siddhamalli Periyavaa.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Special abishegams performed to the athishtanam on 10-6-21 before I leave for US !

    ReplyDelete